I got in!

I am officially a grad student!  I feel like I can breath and I am exhausted, plus have a touch of a cold due to stress.   I was in the midst of a tutoring session, when my admission adviser found me.  They reviewed my transcripts, and admissions decided that because I needed to have a math for my Bachelors of Arts degree, that I must have taken a math for my Associates in Applied Arts,  and scored well enough for it to transfer.   Not to date myself, but my Associates was a LONG time ago. 

So in light of that, the admissions office decided to admit me, and let me take the Foundation of Managerial Math class. I am so happy, and relieved.  The class will review my math skill, and I am planning on studying hard.  However, on my own I am going to work with my sister, who is a teacher, to improve my algebra skills.  That will come in handy, as I am going to be taking statistics for the second part of this semester.   My parents surprised me by offering to get the algebra review materials.


Algebra for Dummies is one of the texts I will be using to improve my Algebra skills.  I like the for dummies series, and I believe this will help me rebuild the foundation for algebra.  The book is 351 pages long, and it's going to be an interesting read. I am going to try and plow through it in the next week, prior to the start of my class. However, being that I learn best taking notes from texts, I am thinking that it is going to take about a week for me to get through it, because of note taking, reading, and re-reading that texts like this usually require. (It's also good to know that they have Statistics For Dummies available as well!) 


Algebra Essential Practice Workbook with Answers  is the book my sister selected as the text for us to work with. It is currently on order from Barnes and Noble, and we are hoping it will be here by Wednesday. My parents got two copies, so my sister can review one and refresh her skills with the materials before I start with my questions.  I will work in my copy here at home, and we can do some remote tutoring in between my visit down to her house.   I think I will need to a few visits down to her house.  She is not far way, but about an hour away from here.  So it's not easy to just pop over and go over algebra with her managing her career and a family. 

I am very grateful that I have my family's support as well as Jim.  Jim is being amazing through this whole process.  He hates seeing me struggle, but he knows first hand about frustrations with Algebra. We are both History/English/Science minded people, and math is not a strong trait for both of us.  Yet we both are focusing on how different life will be when I get my degree.   

I am excited as well, because I will be using Mystical Wonders for a lot of the projects, and improving the art business as well.  I can only imagine how having a firmer grasp on business practices will make things better.   I realize that while it may never be a main source of income for us, but it would be nice for it to support itself, and allow me to continue to make my art.   I have been distracted this week from the new products like this:
I feel like I am being stared at. 

I am thinking of several things that could be done with this.  Like a magnet.  I am liking working with the salt clay because the texture for scales is amazing.   They are bit of work, scales take time, but overall I am happy with the product so far. 

Anyway, I have a date with an Algebra book. 

Later ~
Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migraines and Management

Friday Favorites - 9/13/19

I spent Labor Day weekend trying to get my life in order.