And another exciting weekend comes to an end...

Well not really all that exciting.

Grad School was the focus this weekend.  It was the first week of class, and well, we didn't have an on-campus session due to Labor Day.  So I had an on-line lecture, on-line discussion, and reading in my e-textbook, followed by 2 homework assignments.

Mind you, the assignment in the e-textbook went from pages 1 to 131.  Plus, my laptop decided it didn't like the on-line class set up (browser setting need to be adjusted) and I found a work around on Wednesday, which had me at least 2 days behind.  Plus, since this is a math course, and since I must pass it with at least a B or better, I was doing the example problems, re-doing example problems, and trying to understand concepts I had forgotten over the years since I last looked at Algebra.

This is my new BFF
It was a long, tough weekend.  I had to run out and get a scientific calculator, and I made sure to get the model that could do statistics, because that class is on deck after I finish this one.  Along with a marketing class.   Anyway, the concepts are becoming clearer, and I keep repeating the questions until it "clicks" or becomes clear.  However, working at this pace... it's rough.  I was doing math till my brain rebelled and refused to take any more information in.

I am lucky, the next two weeks are rather light in the reading, however I am going to be trying to get ahead so that I can get a jump start on the 166 page assignment we have at the end of the month.  I have a quiz at week 3, week, and a final at week 8.  The final counts as nearly 25% of my grade, and the two quizzes combined are 36%, and the homework counts as nearly 26%.  So I have to schedule in review time, over all the materials I covered this past week, and the material I will be learning this week to prep for the exam.   The test at week 6 will cover weeks 4 & 5's materials, and the final will cover everything.

Any how.  It's rough, I will get the hang of it, because starting in November, I have two class that I will be juggling.

Despite the challenges, it's amazing to think that I am a grad student.
Later~
Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migraines and Management

Friday Favorites - 9/13/19

I spent Labor Day weekend trying to get my life in order.