Simple Slow Cooker Chicken

Some times, it gets busy.  This week, for my current class I have about 20 to 30 hours worth of homework to do, in addition to discussion work, and the reading. Plus, since this is an area I am weak in, I have additional reading in supplement sources to do. Also, I have a race on Saturday that I need to train a bit for. Also,  I have re-worked my resume, and now am getting some additional interest from prospective employers.   Oh, and I am working on getting a study group together over the weekend to review before class next Monday.  

Hence, I am intending to do some slow cooking this week. This is on the list to make: 


To get something that looks like this you need some simple things:     
~ 2 cups Hot Sauce. We used Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce-12 oz  for this verison, however what ever hot sauce you like the taste of.  We are about flavor, not heat.  
~1 tablespoon of Southwestern Seasoning.  We used Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning Mix
~1 package of chicken (ours package was 4 breasts) 

I cooked this mixture in the slow cooker for 4 hours on high, or 8 hours on low.   Now I get told by a lot of people that I am "brave" for leaving a slow cooker going on while I bop about doing whatever I am doing including leaving the house. It uses the same amount of power as our fridge, so I don't feel that it's a fire risk. Our models (Yeah, we have two for big parties, we usually do a side in one and a main dish in the other) have a timer, so when it hit the end time, it switches to warm.  HOWEVER that being said, any lost of power is an instant food goes into the trash because their is now telling what could start growing in the nice warm most environment that the slow cooker has going on, especially with chicken.  So if you come home to flashing clocks, and a had a slow cooker meal going, just toss it.  Better safe than sick. 

Anyway back to the meal.  After the time is done, I serve this one or two ways.  I can serve it with rice or some other side. 

Then the other option is to serve it on a hard roll/bread of your choice.  

Now I know what we are having for dinner.  Yum.

Later ~
Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migraines and Management

Friday Favorites - 9/13/19

I spent Labor Day weekend trying to get my life in order.