Vacation Collage Project



We just went in August on our honeymoon.  (Yeah, we will be married 2 years next month, and saved up for this trip.)  During the trip we were asked to take a Survey about EPCOT upon our return home.  So we signed up, got home and took the survey. Shortly afterwards, the print in the center above arrived.  It's a nice print on watercolor type paper.   Jim also loved the envelope and wanted to frame that as well, which caused us to move out of normal frame range because the envelope unfolded was about 13 by 15 inches.  So we ended up getting a larger frame, (A score at AC Moore for during dollars days.)

However, when we did that, the print in the middle and the envelope looked almost lost in the frame.  So Jim had kept a LOT of paper items from the trip.  So we sorted through them and selected items we thought would looked nice.  I ended up making copies of the covers of the maps, as eventually the maps will go into a scrapbook for the trip. Jim disassembled a pin and I trimmed the front to allow it to fit in.  He had saved the little envelope our room keys came in, a set of fast passes that we never used, and the arcade cards, the maid introduction card, map of the resort, and a coaster from the room.  However I felt it was still missing a layer, and went through the vacation photos.  ALL the vacation photos, to find some picture of us.  Which I then printed out to wallet size and cut out them out.  With that, I used double sided tape to attach the items to the back of the frame.  I could have used glue, but I had tape handy and wanted to get the job finished.

The type of frame I used the glass was gently pressed into place from the top.  We hung it on the wall so we could see it all the time, and plan to do similar project when we do a "big trip" again.

Later~
Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migraines and Management

Friday Favorites - 9/13/19

I spent Labor Day weekend trying to get my life in order.