So I have mentioned that I am trying to get shape.  My parents gifted me a membership to a Gym that we had previously belonged to.  My current goals are to lose weight and run a 5K in under 30 minutes.  I currently have speed walked a few 5Ks and I want to RUN it.  Not waddle, not be last, but run and finish in a half hour. 

These are my shoes that I currently use
I just met with my trainer tonight, and will be getting my training routine, she is well aware of the challenges, as well as the goals.  We are hoping that I will be ready to run a 5k in the spring.   I am going to have to work on my flexibility and my core.

Jim and I are working on making better decisions about what we eat, and I am trying to stop snaking as much.  We quit smoking back in July and keep making small changes like watching our portion sizes. But since we only eat two meals basically a day, and graze a lot.  We are making smaller selections when we eat out, and watching the amounts when we eat home.

Change is difficult, but I think if we take it in small steps, it will happen.
~Jen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migraines and Management

Friday Favorites - 9/13/19

I spent Labor Day weekend trying to get my life in order.