Friday Favorites - 9/13/19

My helper in my planner
My day job is as a back-office manager in a high-end showroom.  I process a lot of paperwork.  Right now, my favorites are going to have a workday theme as pulling 10 hour days does that to a person.   So here are some things that I always work with as well as peek at my planner, since it seems to be planner season on a bunch of different blogs.

Beware, I used my Amazon Associate links to create this post, so if you click on it, I am get some commission.  However, these are all legit things that I use currently but was too lazy to go get pictures of. 

I use the Passion Planner currently.   I actually got it back when they were clearing out the 2019 planners, so I didn't spend a lot on it. I am still tweaking how I am using it.

I am trying to get in the habit of using it as the one location to keep all the things in.  Not just work, but notes about my works in progress for writing, important information, my vision board, and so forth in one main location.

My day to day consists of tasks to be done rather than appointments to be kept, and the passion planner is big on setting appointments.    However, lately, most of my "passions" are stuck to being done late at night or early in the day. 
That being said I have a whole section blocked off for work each day of the weekly spread. I am trying to use that space for to-do lists and things to remember for work.  The good thing about this planner is that it does have full days for Saturday and Sunday, and since I work a job that does not consist of a traditional "weekend" this is a really great thing to have.

I am still trying to decide if I should just get another style of planner that just has space instead of times in it, and print out the guided pages.  I think I am going to commit to really giving it a good try this coming year, and seeing how it goes.  However, I can just print out the "passion planning" pages on their site and then used another planner that fits my needs. 

Or I could take up bullet journaling and never get anything done on my actual goals and to-do lists, while I doodle around trying to make that look as pretty as some of what I have seen. 

 Anyway -  these pens are amazing.  The Pentel RSVP Pens are what I tend to grab in black or blue. The barrel size is just right for my hands, and I always have a bunch in my bag. I don't know when I discovered them, but I have actually purchased 12 packs and bring my own pens to work to write with because when you write as big as I do,  it helps to have a true fine point to write with.  It just makes my handwriting look better.  I have yet to find another pen that I prefer.  I will be buying these pens again. 

I do use these to write out my focus on how I want life to be in 10 years overall.  I don't do this in my planner, but I have a dedicated notebook for this.  I am a big fan of Rachel Hollis's books Girl, Wash your Face and the other one Girl, Stop Apologizing.  I borrowed them from the library and I am considering buying the used versions so I can make notes.  Seriously, some of the best advice I have ever read/listen to since I can get audiobooks from the library and listened to on my phone during my commute.



The Frixon Fineliner markers are here because I do like color in my planner and I debated this purchase for about three months before I actually took the leap.  I  have a loose color code systems going on, but I tend to overthink everything.   So I am back to Blue for Him,  Red for me, purple for us for appointments.   I also use green for bills.  (Orginal, I am not at times.)  I actually tossed out some of the colors that I had a hard time seeing on my planner.  I figured if I couldn't read what was going on, what was the point?  I regret waiting so long for this.  If you are on the fence, just do it.

I do have stickers I got at the dollar store as well as other pens that I got at AC Moore prior to the Frixon Fineliners.  I am actually using those pens at work so that my notes on orders pop out.   The stickers tend to be less useful than I had hoped, but I think it's cause I didn't buy what would really fit our life.  Yet, I admit that spending money on stickers for payday feels a bit silly when I can draw a dollar sign.

So if anyone has any ideas for a good planner for scatterbrained creative with big dreams, let me know.

X - Jen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migraines and Management

I got lost on the way back here - Seriously I did.