Decorating plans and goals...

Right now, I am spending far too much time at home.  Because the more I am here, the more antsy I am getting to make improvements.  I dream of the day I can remodel the kitchen.  I even have a dream board about it.


Now I already have the pendant light.  I have that counter top. I have that table already as well.  I love all of them.  What I don't love is that we have no dishwasher.  Our oven is in the wall, and our range is on the counter and our fridge is a white one.   And this:
Yes, this is my floor.  In it's faded, goldenrod glory. 
Now while our money situation is tight, I can still dream... and do some things myself such as paint.  Today we narrowed down our white to the THE white for the kitchen.  We knew we wanted to go white so on our last trip to the Home Depot, I grabs swatches of white.  My goodness there are a lot of whites in the world.  I had forgotten the amount of whites, but all I know is that I wanted a WARM white.  I had the apartment in a silvery white once, and honestly it was cold.  I don't want cold, so I was looking at whites with hits of warm undertones but not peach.  

Which lead to this series of events. 
 You hang the watches on the wall to make sure that we can see that shade of white is warm enough. 
Stare at it close, move back to the middle of the kitchen to stare. Call in your husband who goes "I like the swatch." and promptly leaves the room. So you move said swatches by the back-splash because you love that as well, and it's got a white-ish  cream-ish grout in it.  This is also part of the dream kitchen, and will hopefully stay when the time comes to upgrade the cabinets. So I want to make sure that it plays well with that.
Call your spouse again for his thoughts and he goes "I like the white one in the middle."  Sigh as he leaves the kitchen again.  Get distracted by the computer person who is working in the living room. Come back to stare more.
Finally hang the watches on the cabinet to make sure that the colors REALLY work with the wood tones currently in the kitchen, which are a bit on the orange side of the color scale.  Stare at it and have your spouse look at you while shaking his head.  Move the watches back into spot they were originally.


At which point your husband comes in, and points to the swatch that is touch richer and warmer than the others as his favorite.  Realize that is the white you are looking for.  



It's Behr Silky White.  The yellow in the kitchen is messing it up the picture I took.  It's a warm very faint cream tint white. It's going to look great when we save up the money to get the paint.  

Next, I will tell you about the place where I go to make stuff for our business. 

Later -



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Migraines and Management

Friday Favorites - 9/13/19

I got lost on the way back here - Seriously I did.